Sugar Cookies on our White Basics Curve Platters
Looking for something other than chocolate to share this Easter? Give our favourite Sugar Cookies a go!
These delightful cookies are perfect for sharing, and look beautiful separated into bundles and gifted to friends and family for an Easter treat!
- 200g unsalted butter
- ¾ cup of sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 ¼ cups flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 2 tbsp milk
- 2 tsp light corn syrup
1. In a large bowl beat room temperature unsalted butter with an electric mixer until creamed and smooth – roughly one minute. Add sugar and beat on high speed until light and fluffy – roughly four minutes. Scrape down the bowl and add egg and vanilla extract. Beat again on high for another two minutes.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt. Turn the electric mixer to a low speed and add half of the flour mixture, beating until nearly combined then add the remaining flour mixture.
3. Divide the dough into two parts and roll into a ball, wrapping in plastic wrap. Refrigerate the dough for two hours. Once chilled, preheat oven to 175 degrees and roll out dough to 1/2cm thickness. Cut out cookies with egg or bunny shaped cutter and place on baking sheets lined with parchment paper. Re-roll dough cut offs, and continue cutting until finished.
4. Bake for 10 minutes until lightly browned around the edges. Remove from oven and place on a cooling rack until completely cooled.
5. For icing, stir together icing sugar and milk then beat in corn syrup until thicker and glossy. Add food colouring for different shades, or leave white. Pipe or spread onto cookies.