A Caprioska is a much more accessible alternative to a Caipirinha, a cocktail that uses the sometimes-hard-to-find Brazilian alcohol, cachaça. Popular in South America, the Caprioska is refreshing and uses ingredients that anyone can find – and the prepared will have on hand anyway.
We love this drink and think you will too. Careful though – they go down ridiculously easily.
- 2 nips (60ml) vodka
- 1 lime
- 1 tsp brown sugar (or to taste)
- Cut the lime into wedges and put in a cocktail shaker with the sugar.
- Crush it together with a muddling stick or a pestle.
- Add the vodka and crush just a little more.
- Add the ice and shake the cocktail shaker till it's all mixed.
- Strain into a glass and drink with some mint leaves and lime as garnish or put in a tumbler and top up with soda water.