Creating a Modern High Tea
1. Less is More – Keep your setting minimal, with clean neutral colours and classic shaped servingware, the White Basics Three Tiered Cake Stand is perfect for this. While floral tea sets and pastel colours are beautiful, using clean white in a high tea setting gives it a modern feel.
2. Mix and Match – Consider contrasting textures. Serve scones or sliders on wooden platters like the Artisan Long Board and sweets on porcelain, like the White Basics Curve Rectangular Platter.
3. Watch What You Serve – Keep an eye on the colour palette of your treats, ensuring it ties in with the setting you’ve created. Try using macarons and petite fours, keeping the colours consistent and steering away from vibrant palettes. Alternatively just use a few pops of colour to contrast.
4. Plate Differently – Make use of products like the White Basics Tea Cups to hold freshly whipped cream and sweet jams or try using a Diamante Cylindrical Vase to display wrapped chocolates.
5. Modern Floral – Add a minimalistic floral arrangement to the table for an inviting touch. It’s important that your food sings, so choose flowers without overpowering aromas, such as tulips. If colour isn’t going to work with your table styling, you can’t go wrong with some fresh greenery.
6. Something Sparkling – Celebrating a recent engagement, new home or just getting together before the races? Switch your tea for a glass of Champagne, served perfectly in our Cosmopolitan Champagne Flutes.